My husband and I love to cook. One of our favorite dishes to bring to gatherings is a super easy and very tasty bowl of guacamole. We started our quest to make a delicious guac after having some of the best at San Antonio restaurant, Zinc. (You should have the Zinc burger, too.) After throwing together a few batches, we came up with our own version of classic guacamole. The important thing to remember about this recipe is that you can make any changes you want. The amounts are relative to your tastes, so have fun creating something unique to you!
Josh & Josie’s Guac
What to make it with:
- 2 Avocados, smashed
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 Small red onion, diced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Small bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper, minced
- 2 Limes
- 1 Orange
- Kosher salt to taste
What to do:
- Peel and mash avocados roughly in a large mixing bowl with a fork. We like to leave our guac a little chunky, but the consistency is totally up to you! Really get in there and smooth it out if you want to.
- Add prepared tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro, and Serrano pepper to avocados and mix well. If you really like it spicy, throw in a second pepper. Love tomatoes? Add a second.
- Juice both limes into the mixture. Half the orange and squeeze in just a splash of fresh juice. Mix the juices in well.
- Add kosher salt to taste.
- Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips!